2011 coming soon!
Well, my plans for 2011 are finally shaping up, I’ve plunked down all the cash I have. Hopefully I won’t break my arm climbing over some dead tree again. 🙂
1. Rocky Raccoon 100: I’ve never run this one before, so I thought since it’s 100 miles, I’ll go see what kind of shape I’m in. We’ll see if I’m recovered now after the Red Bull Human Express. The Hellgate 100k showed I was not ready yet, but I am feeling better and a bit more speedy now….so we’ll see. I hear Mr. Krupicka is running too in Texas. He’ll be flying, so no pressure on me.
2. Antelope Island 100 mile: This one is still up in the air as Coyote Two Moon is the following week, but I may see how Rocky Raccoon goes and take it from there. Running two 100s in a row would be a first for me. I have run a few with 13 days of seperation, so why not raise the bar and give it a shot right?
3. Coyote Two Moon 100: I couldn’t resist when I saw “bronco”, “moomoo-man”, “icky ocky”, and “Thai” on the list. Not to mention my bowling skills have improved since I discovered Wii. I also need some more of those tasty avacados from Chris Scott…..Chief Idiot. 🙂
4. Massannutten 100: I’ll be ready for this one, and hope to run for my 3rd win there. The course now starts in a different location. Although it’s on the same route, it’ll feel different. It’s a great course and real rocky, so it fits my style.
5. San Juan Solstice 50 mile: My only short race of the year, but it won’t feel short in the San Juans….nothing does. I’ve never run it and would like to see how I match up with many of the faster guys that have run there. I’ll be happy to break 10 hours as a training run for the Superbowl.
6. Hardrock 100: The plan was to run WS and run the Grand Slam, but that didn’t work, so how can I complain? I get to run the world’s toughest 100. It’s the most scenic and my baby and the beginning of the Rocky Mountain Slam…..my next goal record to break.
7. Leadville 100: I ran Leadville a few years back, it was not a good run for me, so why not see what I can do this time. It’s race #2 of the Rocky Mountain Slam. If you can believe this, I’m looking forward to this one more than most.
8. Wasatch 100: One more run on my home turf. I won’t be too fresh, but it’ll be interesting to see how it all pans out. It’ll be fun running it again, we’ll see if I can break 20 hours for a third time, that would be cool.
9. Bear 100: It’s the final leg of the Rocky Mountain Slam, only 13 days after Wasatch, but at this point, I should be very delerious anyway. I hold the record on the “old course”, we’ll see how it goes on the new route.
10. Mt. Masochist 50 mile: If I have any cash left…..
11. North Face 50: It’ll be fun running up front…..with the ladies field. 🙂 Cuz’ I ain’t racing those fast boys.
So that’s my line-up, no trips to Europe, or runs across the country, just a few 100s to make me happy!
Don’t forget the Speedgoat 50k entries are coming in pretty quick, we’re at about 50 now, with 200 left. You can procrastinate for a while, but keep checking back so you don’t miss out. We may have a band, vendors, and a “potential” BBQ at the end. It just keeps getting better. And….the course is the same, although for next year, I have something up my sleeve….but I’m keeping that a secret for now.
BTW, that epic luge run has aired on ESPN, CNN, and will air on ABC January 15th between 2-4pm EST. Classic!
Now go run!